PTA Membership & VolunteeringEvery Child. One Voice.
Are you not a member of the Croft Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)? Or are you not receiving the weekly PTA email blasts? It’s never too late!
Thanks to everyone who has joined the PTA already! If you still need to, membership is $6 per person. Remember that parents, grandparents and other family members are welcome to join and support our school!
The Croft Community School FAMILY NEEDS YOU! We need everyone to support the students, teachers and staff of the school. The PTA will not only aid in the development of ALL students but help to keep our family strong. From professional development to fun family nights, the PTA is here for EVERYONE. We are a family … be a part of EVERY CHILD … be a part of the PTA!
Research has shown that children exceed in school at higher levels when families are involved. As a Basic School, parental involvement is viewed as a vital component of student success. Here’s how to help our students succeed:
- As a team, we can accomplish so much for the benefit of our children. We challenge each and every one of you to commit to volunteering for at least 2 hours during the school year and to show your support for Croft Community School by becoming a PTA member for $15 per family.
- Throughout the year, we have many opportunities for you to participate in your child’s education. We hope you will become involved – whether it is to serve on a committee, help in a classroom, volunteer in the Media Center, participate in a family event or lend financial support. All of these activities demonstrate to your child that you are committed to their education and to helping them succeed. It is a wonderful experience to pass your child or a friend’s child in the hallway as they are waving “hello” and grinning from ear-to-ear at the sight of seeing a friendly adult face. When you volunteer at CCS, you will end up with something much greater than you ever imagined.
Please continue to check the website for additional volunteer opportunities. You may also visit the PTA Contacts page to contact a board or committee member directly for volunteer opportunities.
Join the Croft Community School PTA today using our online form. You can send in your one-time membership dues of $15 per family either by cash or check with your student, or (coming soon) pay dues online!
CMS requires all volunteers to be registered and screened. To learn more, visit the CMS website.
Additional screening is dependent on the assigned task, the degree of supervision of the volunteer and the nature of the volunteer’s contact with the students. The level of screening will increase as a volunteer’s contact with a student increases and the degree of staff supervision decreases.
Parents, family members and loved ones, the Croft Parent-Teacher (PTA) needs you! We need help with several special events and regular happenings at Croft. If you can help with any committees listed below, please fill out the form to let us know how you can help.
- Beautification: Help plan and facilitate indoor and outdoor beautification projects at Croft
- Book Fair: With the Book Fair chair, help coordinate Croft’s Scholastic book fairs
- Box Tops for Education: Track and coordinate Box Tops for Education that are collected by students, and submit Box Tops for Education to receive monetary reimbursement for Croft
- Dances: Help plan and run the Father & Daughter, Mother & Son and 5th grade dances
- Field Days: Help coordinate this annual fun event for students
- Donuts for Dad: Coordinate and host this annual event. Coordinate donut order through cafeteria staff, donation/purchase of coffee from a local vendor and setup/serve
- Muffins for Mom: Help coordinate and host this annual event. Coordinate muffin order through cafeteria staff, donation/purchase of coffee from a local vendor and setup/serve
- Retail Incentive Coordinator: Help promote and track incentive programs with local and online establishments, such as Amazon Smile, Harris Teeter and Target
- Service Learning: Help students give back to the community through grade-level project themes, including:
- Kindergarten: Elder Care
- 1st Grade: Caring for the Ill
- 2nd Grade: Hunger & Poverty
- 3rd Grade: Cultivating Health
- 4th Grade: Environmental Stewardship
- 5th Grade: Legacy Project (Outdoor Classroom)
- Spirit Nights: Help coordinate and facilitate Croft Spirit Nights at local establishments
- Spirit Rock Coordinator: Track and receive funds for reservations for both Croft spirit rocks
- Spirit Store Coordinator: Track inventory, coordinate online Croft Spirit Wear Store and run regular on-site Spirit Wear Store at Croft
- Staff Appreciation: Help coordinate events throughout the year for our teachers and staff, such as breakfasts and the annual Staff Appreciation Week
- Staff Support: Help coordinate copying and other tasks with which staff need assistance