The Connect Team is excited to plan our annual field day. We want ALL students to have a safe, orderly, fun day. With that in mind, we are using a behavior plan for all students when they are learning in the following classrooms: art, media, music, physical education and technology.
- Students will be re-directed once in class. If there are more off task behaviors (as outlined below), students will be placed in an area in our classroom and given alternative work to complete. Additionally, they will get a “letter” on their daily class Connect sheet. The behaviors that would warrant refocusing would include:
T – Talking during instructional time
F – Failing to follow directions given to the whole class
D – Being disrespectful to another student or to an adult, including:
- Talking back to the adult that gave behavior redirection
- Refusing to do alternative work after redirected
- Students that get more than three letters from May 22nd through May 30th, will not participate in field day and be assigned to an alternative work space within the school building. While in this space, students will be given written, silent work that will be completed during their field day time. Work will be collected and, if necessary, sent to families to see what work was done during their alternative placement.
- In addition, students that are being “unsafe” during the outside field day events may be sent to a “time out” area to sit and reflect on their behavior. This may be from 10 – 20 minutes, as determined by their classroom teacher or the teacher in charge of the game they were playing.
- A student getting an office referral from May 22nd through May 30th, will not participate in field day.